12/3/12

Guest Post: 529 Kids Consign in Old Town Alexandria


                  My daughter knows growing is her business, and business is good. While I love for her to have cute clothes, I also want her to have a college fund, so I shop consignment sales.  The owners of 529Kids Consign, a pair of moms themselves, were also thinking about college funds when they gave their store its ridiculously cute name.   529 Kids Consign in Old Town Alexandria has been on my list to visit for a while, and I’m glad I finally made it by.  

There’s stroller parking in a small alley in front of the store, which is handy; the store has a welcoming, boutique atmosphere. The clothes are nicely curated and displayed, and they’re all from quality brands, from Osh Kosh to Janie and Jack. These are not garage sale prices, certainly, but it’s also a lot more fun shopping here! Upstairs are racks of sale clothes, baby gear including carriers and strollers, and a great selection of maternity clothes.  There are also a few comfy chairs and two dressing rooms, which I appreciated – as a nursing mom, I’m always scoping out friendly places for myself and baby.

 Intermingled with the clothes are adorable, if slightly spendy, new items, great for gifting: organic nursing/teething necklaces, children’s books and games, fabric blocks, minky lovies and bibs, a dazzling array of hair bows, beautifully painted wall clocks… I couldn’t resist picking up baby leg warmers and an adorable wooden monogram for Christmas presents. Really, I wanted one of everything.

                  529 Kids Consign is located at 122 Royal Street, Alexandria, VA – it’s conveniently located a few doors down from Lavender Moon Cupcakes. I think my daughter and I will be making frequent pilgrimages to Old Town for delicious cupcakes and adorable clothes.

______________________________________________________________________
Guinevere Rowell is a Marine turned mama, and a freelance commercial writer. You can also find her on Twitter as @guinevererobin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment