6/29/14

30 Acts of Kindness 15-21: The Easy Ones With No Pictures

During February, March (because snow is not my friend) I'm celebrating my 30th Birthday with 30 Acts of Kindness suggested by readers The point of these posts isn't to "brag" about what I've been doing, but rather to raise awareness about different organizations in Prince William County and share how you and your family can get involved in making our area a better place to live.  If you'd like to join me in any of my assignments, or if you participate in one on your own, I'd love to get your picture and/or story to share!! I'd love to think this is making a difference, and I hope that you'll join me!  

I am a bad blogger.  I am so very far behind on these posts- but I definitely wanted to do an update!! Last we spoke, I'd completed task 14 at the Bill Mehr Drop in Shelter thanks to Chick Fil A. 

Let's continue with some of the easy ones that I don't have pictures for because of privacy/inability to take a picture of the person benefitting:

15- Drive Thru Difference.  
This one was super easy! You can read more about it and even print a letter by visiting WGTS or you can just drop some extra money off with the drive-thru cashier.  You don't have to pay for someone's whole order (we lucked out and the person behind us just got lunch for one, I was sure when I agreed to this one I was going to end up with a full conversion van of 20 people behind me) you can just do $5 or $10- it'll make a difference in their day!

16/17- Get someone's coffee (Bonus: Pet Treats)
We happened to be at Walmart in Manassas one day and there were two gentlemen sitting outside in the rain with their dog trying to pick up some work.  We picked up some dog treats, hot coffee, and cookies and told them to have a great day.  It was cold, so hopefully it was a helpful pick me up! 

18- Dinner at an ACTS Shelter (My contribution was cupcakes)
A very sweet Girl Scout troop offered me the opportunity to join their dinner at the Domestic Violence Shelter, I made cupcakes and they served.  Thank you, girl scouts!

19- Fill up all the vending machines (We did CiCis Pizza)
This was a fun one for my kids to help with.  We got quarters and left them in the vending machines at CiCis so that when the next group of kids got there, they'd get a fun treat.  The kids actually had a lot of fun imagining who was going to get each thing. 

20- Take someone dinner
This worked out well because we had friends who were adopting! Even if you're not the best cook in the world, Boston Market is a nice change from Pizza! 

21- Volunteer with a kids group-
I'm counting volunteering at Cub Scout Day Camp.  Because I did, and I can :) Additionally, I got to shoot a bow and arrow, at which I am not horrible.  Bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment