6/9/15

Meet Dr. Hau Le with Potomac Pediatric Dentistry!

We want to take a moment to introduce you to our newest PwcMoms advertiser, Potomac Pediatric Dentistry! They've got a fun open house coming up on June 20th: 
But before that, I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to their newest doctor, Dr. Hau Le! She took a few minutes to answer some important questions I know we're all looking for in a pediatric dentist- like what's your favorite Disney movie- and she sounds like such a sweet, fun person, I can definitely see her taking the stress out of visiting the dentist!! 
PwcMoms- Tell me a little about what made you want to go into pediatric dentistry? 
Dr. Hau Le- I grew up in Vietnam where dental care was a privilege. I had many incidences of dental pain when I was a child, and was extremely fearful of the dentist. In fact, dental visits were always a threat. I got lucky enough to be sent to study aboard in the US to pursue my education. I chose dentistry, and pediatric dentistry has been always something I hold dear to my heart due to my childhood experiences. After dental school, I worked for a community health center that served underprivileged children in Maryland, and it truly confirmed my commitment to pediatric dentistry.


PwcMoms- Wow! Having that childhood experience must make you a great advocate for your little patients!! What's your favorite part about working with kids?
Dr. Hau Le- They are so honest, unique and fun to work with. My most rewarding part is helping a child to conquer their fear of the dentist.  The best part is I get to be myself around kids, being a kid at heart myself :)

PwcMoms- Nice! So, what's your advice for parents with kids who are nervous about the dentist?
Dr. Hau Le- Preparation is the key. I understand parents sometimes have dental anxiety themselves, but try to limit transferring that fear to your children. Parents should always refer to dental appointments as a positive and not as a threat (the dentist is going to drill your teeth out if you don't brush!) and let our team guide their child's dental experiences when they come to the office. We also welcome "happy visits" for our littlest patients, or childre with special needs  who would benefit from a visit to the office without any work done for them to familiarize them with the doctors and staff. 

PwcMoms- I love that- I know some of my friends with kids on the Autism Spectrum sometimes need their child to have a little extra time to acclimate.  Speaking of your office, how does it differ from a regular dentist? 
Dr. Hau Le- Our staff and doctors are well-trained and experienced in working with children. We use kid friendly behavior guidance that is uniquely tailored for each child coming to our office. We've also definitely got a fun and inviting space- check it out and come visit us on June 20th! 
A few fun facts- 
Dr. Hau Le's favorite Disney movie is "Frozen"
Her favorite scrubs have Princess Ana on them
And when she was growing up, she wanted to be an Astronaut! 


Potomac Pediatric Dentistry is located at 16708 Jefferson Davis Highway #115 in Dumfries.
You can call them at 703-221-4040 or visit www.ppdsmile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment