7/19/15

Cheers Art Studio Summer Camp

 This past week, my youngest (7) was able to go to art camp at Cheers Art Studio.  Their camps are 1/2 day mornings (9am-12pm).  You pack your child a snack, but everything else is provided in terms of art supplies.  Ages 6-12 will enjoy these camps, with everyone able to have fun at their own artistic level.  Camp is $125/week and there are still 3 weeks available for your creative fun (well, your child's creative fun, and your 3 hours of "me time").
This is the class with their final projects :) 

Savannah's week was "Drawing People and Animals" which included:
Monday- Trace ourselves full figure/ Full Skeleton (pencil and crayons)/ Shapes and Shading
Tuesday- Skull/ Shading techniques to create texture (pencil and charcoal)
Wednesday- Portraits- finishing half the page (charcoal)/ How to Draw Animals from shapes (pencil)
Thursday- Self-portraits/ How to Draw Animals (charcoal)
Friday- Animals- paint your pet or endangered animal (paint)

And finally, since you guys enjoyed our video Newsies Review, here's what Savannah thought of art camp at Cheers:
I don't know why I keep shooting these sitting in my bed.  I have so many pretty places in my house...next time I will try to be a little more creative :) 



Disclosure: Thanks to Cheers for having Savannah out for a week of camp!! We were gifted a week of camp in order to do our review, but all opinions are honest and our own.  Have you ever tried to script a 7 year old? Can't be done, even if I wanted to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment