10/28/16

Review: C Lucas Photography

We've done family pictures dozens of times, and we have a pretty good variety of lifestyle, portrait, artistic, and candid pictures to pull from in that category- and while she does do family pictures, that's not really what Chelsea of C Lucas Photography focuses on.  She initially contacted me about doing a boudoir session (But you guys have seen me, right? Clothes.), and said she also does couples photography.  We've never actually done couples pictures.  We didn't do engagement photos, and we had our babies quickly after getting married, so it wasn't really ever just "us".  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I actually enjoyed the whole experience and had a fun morning in Occoquan with my hubby.
 Chelsea put us very much at ease and encouraged us to just have fun with each other.  Luckily for her we enjoy joking around with each other, so that wasn't hard :) Chelsea also does great editing, so she was able to clean up a few things once I selected the pictures I wanted- for example, in the picture below there was a wire above Austin's head, which she took out to make the picture focus on us.
 Now the mark of a great photographer, in my opinion, is that they make you feel totally physically uncomfortable while they're taking your pictures- and I know that sounds odd, but that's how you know that they are actually paying attention to how you look in the camera.  For example, if they're telling you to move your chin up slightly and to the left, pop your booty out, and turn your right leg 90 degrees, you might feel like you're going to topple over, but they made sure you don't have any weird lumps or second chins in your picture.  I really appreciate that, and I've learned that the more someone takes the time to pose me out of my tendency to tuck my face in, the happier I am with the end result.
Chelsea is easy to work with and a local Prince William County Photographer.  You can contact her for boudoir, engagement, maternity, and custom portraiture using her website, or Facebook page.  Her packages start at $150 (boudoir, including makeup- images separately!) and $300 (includes a set number of digital images). She does offer family minis for the holidays, too- so if you haven't figured out your Christmas Card pictures yet (I know, I know, it's October, but you need time to edit and print!) give her a call! Her rates for additional digital images are extremely affordable, as well.  If you're looking for some special pictures with (or for) your sweetheart, I think you'll love working with C Lucas Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment