9/5/12

Max Muscle Week 2

This post is a little late, which is fitting seeing as most things in my life are a little late the last few months days.  Getting back to school is tough, no matter how your children go!

So.  Week 2 wasn't my greatest results wise.  I gained a pound of muscle and dropped just ever so slightly in BMI. It could have been a lot better, but that was completely my fault because I didn't follow the program (it wasn't even in the way you think! I didn't eat because I was so busy!)

However, the oddest thing happened this past week.  Instead of being frustrated by a lack of results (especially since I skipped meals!) I was really encouraged by how good I'm feeling with the higher protein, and I've been pleased with my lack of desire to have carbs at dinner.  I feel less tired and while I might not be seeing a numerical change, I've had lots of friends comment that I look like I'm making progress.  My jeans feel happy, too, which is a nice feeling.

Anyway, this week has been much better and I'm trying to adhere to the "plan" so that I see some bigger changes, but I have to say that while I initially said that I didn't really want to be healthy I just want to be skinny, I'm actually feeling healthier and more energized, and honestly, I'll take it.  I'm hoping that a change of heart means that a change in the rest of me will come a little easier.

Anyhow, don't forget that you can join me to jog at a moderate pace (and please read that in your head using Milton's voice from Office Space) in the upcoming Max Muscle 5K.  Heck, if it's your first race out and you need someone to walk with you, I'm your girl.  I'm willing to make that sacrifice so someone else can start on their fitness journey.  It reminds me of this post from FlintLand, which starts out:

Hey Fat Girl,
Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home.  You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

We've all gotta start somewhere, and I'm still feeling like my start is pretty good.  

I'll check in with you all again on Sunday, when I go back to see my boy Stephen and get my measurements checked again.  If you're on a fitness journey, too, I'd love to hear from you- so leave a note at the end of this post.  Comments are better than chocolate cake, which I'm not eating right now, so help a sister out. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment