10/16/14

Review: Massage Heights

Some days, it is good to be a blogger.

Some days I refuse to use that term...but some days- it's a good gig.

Recently my neurologist told me that I would benefit from massages.  The muscles in my neck and head are all wound up and that's pressing on the nerves at my incision site (I had brain surgery if you're just tuning in) and that's giving me headaches.  The idea of someone touching me made me a little nervous because, well, all that stuff is really tight and painful.  I don't really like talking about it (so I don't) but if you see me, I'm in pain.  Every day.  Some days are better than others (kind of like with being a blogger) but it's just a fact of life that I live with now, so I didn't want to let someone hurt me MORE by giving me a massage and I didn't schedule anything.

At Bumps, Babies and Beyond, I was stationed with Massage Heights directly behind me.  In fact, they brought a chair and were giving quickie seated massages out- which I didn't try because if I was going to cry or something I didn't want to do it in the middle of Potomac Mills Mall.  The owner and I talked, though, and she said that she knew just the person to work on me, so I had to come in and try it out.

Well, fine. If it's in the name of research for my website, I guess I need to man up.

Massage Heights is located in Dillingham Square in Lake Ridge, across from Jerry's Pizza and the Teachers' Store.  I was signed up with Laura W. who actually did additional training so she could work on people just like me who have some complicated things going on with their muscles.

All I can say after my 1 hour massage is that y'all, I am so dumb.

I mean, seriously- I should have tried this forever ago.  I stood up from the massage table and I could roll my head back! I've always hear the expression "I have a knot in my back" but you know you can actually feel those suckers untying? It's crazy!


Laura was wonderful and really took time to understand what was going on with me, what I was looking to accomplish with my massage, and talked with me to make sure nothing was painful the entire time.  Some things were a little uncomfortable- working the knots out of my neck, for example, but nothing was painful, and I felt so great afterwards....

that I signed up for a membership so I can get one of these a month.

For real.

Massage Heights offers introductory massages at $59.99 for 1 hour, $89.99 for 90 minutes, or $119 for 2 hours.  You can also add "elevations" to your massage starting at $12, including hot stones, reviving foot scrub (I tried this, it felt lovely!), revitalizing face mask, or active therapy.  Aroma therapy is included for first time guests and members.  I opted for a mint scent because I am the only person on the planet who can't stand lavender- it smelled fantastic. They have four scent blends available, though, Relax, Breathe, Energize, and Revive.

Memberships are flexible with three price points and the ability to use your membership at any location (so if you're at the beach or away on business, you can find your nearest location there) and benefits also roll over, so if you skip a month, you can get two the next month.  I have this evil plan where I don't go again for 4 months and get one a week, but I'm not sure I can wait that long.  I have another evil plan where I make my husband go to massage therapist certification.

Instead, I think I'll just book my next appointment on November 1.  That's probably better.

For more information about Massage Heights, or to find additional locations, visit their website or Facebook page.

____________________________________________
Disclaimer: I was provided with a 30 minute massage to complete my review.  I opted to up to an hour, which I paid for. All opinions are my own. Be sure to check with your doctor before trying massage if you have any kind of "issues", but otherwise, you should go.  And call me, because I would totally take an excuse to go extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment