8/18/11

Back-to-School Blog Roundup






Back to School is such a mixed-emotion time! Usually moms are REALLY ready for their kids to go, but kids are REALLY wishing for a few more weeks.  Kindergarten parents are anxious and getting ready to cry when the bus leaves ;) and I'd imagine parents of High School Seniors feel the same way.

In any event, to help smooth the transition, I wanted to offer up a blog roundup of some of my favorite ideas for back-to-school.

1. Check out Hawai'i's Bento Boxes
I would never EVER do this every day.  I'm not that much of a morning person.  But, for the first day of school, or the day of a big test, or a birthday? I'd totally spend the time. I especially like this website because the directions are easy to follow and she's got Phineas and Ferb character directions.  That's hot. :)

                                            
                                         
Photo Credit: Susan Yuen, Hawai'i's Bento Boxes

2.  Another lunch idea that I love comes from the queen herself- Ms. Martha Stewart.  Martha recommends making a magnetic lunch choice chart for your picky eater so that they'll be more likely to eat what you pack because they picked it.  It could work!  
                                                     
Photo Credit: Martha Stewart Omnimedia Inc, www.marthastewart.com
3. I love this list of tips for Kindergarten Parents! If it's your first time, here's some ways to stay involved in your child's education. 

4. We've always taken first day of school pictures because I love watching the kids grow.  Sheri Seuss, one of our PWC Moms giveaway sponsors, takes it to a new level- she does first and last day pictures of her kids, with easy printed out signs "First Day of ___ Grade" (even her puppy gets in on it!) or "Last Day of ___ Grade".  I love seeing the difference a year makes!!

5.  The Happy Home Fairy has a great list of ideas for First Day of School Traditions to help make the day extra-special for your child.  I love the idea of having a "First Day Fairy" or a "Magic School Bus" visit to leave some special school supplies or treats for your child! How fun is that?



Any traditions or cute ideas you want to share? Click on the "conversations bubble" next to the title and share with us!






No comments:

Post a Comment