2/22/12

Guest Post: Ruminations of Gym Air


Ruminations of Gym Air
By Kate Haldeman
So, last night while watching my daughter at gymnastics, I’m looking around and wondering what will take away the stench of stinky feet and sweaty palms. It has gotten so bad that I am contemplating writing a letter to the owner.  At home, to remove the smells from my charred attempts at dinner, I have used baking soda, white vinegar, candles, diffusers and a Lampe Berger, but these only seem to mask the odor before I become acclimated to it. Sometimes, odors have a way of getting over everything and in order to remove them you must take matters into your own hands (literally). I would like to suggest to you to do one or all of the following:
  1. Open a window. (Unfortunately, the gym can’t do this). 
  2. Remove the source of the odor (Take out the trash, bathe the dog, clean the fridge, remove all the gym apparatus).
  3. Vacuum the floor (Or in the gym’s case, mop it- which may also help alleviate the  planter warts that gymnasts seem to get frequently).
  4. Wipe down the walls with a diluted bleach solution.
  5. Launder any clothing, bedding or drapes.
  6. Wipe down lights and any fixtures as the smell may adhere.
  7. Change the air filters- frequently.
  8. Install a new air filtration system- which can remove up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air.
If, after performing each of the steps, you find that the smell remains, your last course of action may be to find another gym. If you have any suggestions for new gyms or for removing odors, please drop me a line at twitter @katehaldeman or give me a call at My Plumber Heating & Cooling.
____________________________________________________________________
Kate Haldeman, a seasoned marketing veteran with 10 years of consumer & online marketing experience, holds a Masters in Business Administration. In her role as Marketing Mgr. for My Plumber Heating& Cooling, she keeps abreast of the latest home maintenance tips & tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment