2/6/12

Plan Ahead for: Wegmans Kids in the Kitchen

I'm a little perturbed that I'm having to type this again!! I was all planned out for this week and did all my blog posts this weekend (at the very reasonable hour of 3am Sunday morning) and today when I went to publish, it appeared that blogger only cared to keep the tags, dates, and titles.

Well that's not helpful!

Clearly this is God telling me that he approves of my typical method of waiting until the last minute to do any/everything.

Anyhow, Wegmans.

Wegmans is not just a grocery store- it's a shopping experience.  My Uncle The Doctor (have you ever heard the joke about the difference between God and a Doctor? It was written for him.) lives near the flagship Harris Teeter store in North Carolina, which he refers to as the "Taj Ma-Teeter".  When my Uncle The Doctor came to visit near the end of my grandmother's life, he kept going on and on and on about how we don't know good shopping.  Knowing that my fiesty grandmother would have approved if she could speak, I tossed my Uncle The Doctor into the car and hauled him to Wegmans.

He wasn't "wrong" you understand, but I may have been right about something in this one, isolated incident.

With some people, you have to learn to take the victories when you can get them.....even if they won't fully admit it.

Wegmans has two Prince William County locations, and they offer some great looking Kids Cook classes for ages 4 and up! Tickets are required and are $5 per child/adult pair with your Wegmans Club card or $10 without a card. Sign up at the Customer Service Desk.

People- those Wegmans Club Cards are free.  Let's be logical and just sign up for one, shall we? If you feel the need to spend the extra $5 you can mail it to me. 

It's been my experience that cooking with your kids is fantastic.  It gets them to eat what they made (even if it's healthy!) and it ensures that they'll be able to survive outside of your home on more than easy mac and top ramen.  However, I do so love the idea of cooking with my kids at Wegmans since that means my kitchen can stay clean....assuming it was clean when we left for Wegmans.

Here's what's coming up:
February 11th- 
We Heart Parties at Wegman's Potomac Mills.  Three times slots are available at 10am, 12pm, and 3pm.  We "Heart" Parties Valentine’s Day goodies are the main event! Join us to make Fruit Tarts, Heart-Happy Trail Mix, and Strawberry Smoothies—you’ll even get to create a card for someone special.

March 3rd-
Wegmans Lake Manassas: Build Your Own Pizza! Sign up your children to learn how to get involved in the kitchen and build their own pizza. They will make a Tandoori Naan Pizza with a whole grain crust and a Caesar Salad with strawberries and yogurt dressing! 11am or 2pm

March 10th-
Wegmans Potomac Mills The Secrets in the Sauce (Craveable Veggies!)  Want to learn a special chef secret? This class will share just how easy it is to make any dish taste yummier with sauce! Learn how to add zip and flavor to all kinds of meals, including kid-friendly Lo Mein and Peanut Salad and veggies like broccoli and snow peas with 4 snazzy sauces! 12pm or 3pm

March 17th-
Wegmans Lake Manassas: The Secrets in the Sauce (Craveable Veggies!)  Want to learn a special chef secret? This class will share just how easy it is to make any dish taste yummier with sauce! Learn how to add zip and flavor to all kinds of meals, including kid-friendly Lo Mein and Peanut Salad and veggies like broccoli and snow peas with 4 snazzy sauces! 11am or 2pm



No comments:

Post a Comment