2/15/12

Lowe's Build and Grow

I swore up one side and down the other that I'd done a review of Lowe's Build and Grow Events.  I couldn't find it though.  I even went digging through my personal blog (aka- the one that nobody reads) thinking maybe I'd put it there for some reason.  I have now decided that blogger ate the post.  It couldn't possibly be that I made up the fact that I wrote it.

Not possible.  I'm far too organized for that.

(For those of you who know me in real life, stop laughing- I can hear you!)

So.  Build and Grow Clinics.  They're free.  They're fun.  You get goggles like Bill Nye the Science Guy!

One downside, these suckers fill up quickly! Right now we have them on the calendar for next weekend, February 25th, and March 10th. All you have to do is go to the Build and Grow Website, though, to reserve your space.

Included in the "not price", your child gets an apron to collect their patches (there's one for each activity), a certificate of completion, and goggles.  All the supplies are provided, including hammers.  The Lowes in Woodbridge puts out several long tables covered with plywood and lines the kiddos up at the back of the store right in front of the bathroom fixtures. It gets a little loud, but it's work at your own pace and the kids really love it.  Lowe's workshops can vary slightly in spacing, but they're always Saturday at 10am, and are roughly every 2-3 weeks.

Home Depot also has kids building workshops.  They're the first Saturday of the month from 9am-12pm, and are drop-in until supplies run out.  Kids get to keep their craft and get an apron, pin, and certificate.  Home depot clinics are also free, but do not require advanced registration.

Have you tried the Lowe's Build and Grow or the Home Depot Kid's Workshops? Have a favorite? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment